Fox’s upcoming Batman prequel series, Gotham, is rounding out it’s cast most recently signing David Mazouz, who played Kiefer Sutherland’s son in the short lived Touch, as the young Bruce Wayne. Young Bruce is described as serious and soulful, relying on the guidance and protection of Alfred Pennyworth and James Gordon.
Among the others cast for the series are:
- Sean Pertwee (son of the late Jon Pertwee of Dr. Who fame most recently seen in Elementary) as Alfred.
- Camren Bicondova (Girlhouse, Battlefield America) will play the young Selina Kyle, destined to become Catwoman, a teenage orphan who is an unpredictable street thief and skilled pickpocket.
- Ben McKenzie (Southland) as James Gordon
- Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, James Gordon’s mentor and police partner.
- Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin.
- Zabryna Guevara as Capt. Essen
- Erin Richards as Gordon’s girlfriend.
- Jada Pinkett Smith as the Penguin’s boss.
The series will explore other characters from DC’s Batman universe and lead into the point where Bruce Wayne becomes Batman, similar to what Smallville did with Superman.